Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Whole Foods Greens With Envy Juice

Welcome to spring! According to the Spring Vernal Equinox, the season arrived on March 20, 2014 at 12:57 p.m. EDT. Even though my calendar says it is spring, and I should be basking in warm sunshine while frolicking through daffodil meadows, the reality differs. In Washington, D.C., it is still overcast, cold, and even a chance of snow in the near future! SNOW! Join me now as I grimace, "ew."

Trying to get in the spring mindset, I cleaned my apartment (i.e. light dusting while watching Parenthood) and I have been detoxing. Since green juices are all the rage now, I joined the party by picking up a cold-pressed raw Greens With Envy juice from my local Whole Foods Market. Boasting six juice blends, Whole Foods prepares in-house raw juices to maintain vitamins that are lost during the pasteurization process.

How does the Greens With Envy juice blend perform in the Sans Soy test?



Quality: Just thinking about the consumption of this bright emerald green juice makes you feel healthy. Drinking it makes you feel robust and complacent with your life choices, like you should be featured on Gwyneth Paltrow's website, Goop. The juice is not thick, and has been expertly strained to remove any little pieces of pulp that may squeeze through in the filtering process. As with all fresh and raw juices, consumption closest to the juicing date ensures the freshest liquid.

Taste: It may be hard to believe, but the Greens With Envy juice blend has a fresh, sweet taste with slightly bitter undertones. But, this is bitter in a "wow-I'm-so-healthy-for-drinking-a-raw-juice" way and not at all in a "this-tastes-really-gross-but-I'm-trying-to-be-healthy-and-trendy" way. Comprising kale, parsley, spinach, broccoli, cucumber, pear, pineapple and lemon, this juice tastes clean and is best drunk cold for a richer palatableness.

Price: One 16-ounce bottle costs $6.99 at Whole Foods Market.

Overall grade: A. This raw, cold-pressed juice receives Stephanie's gold star of approval. A plethora of vitamins are in one bottle that is reasonably priced considering the amount of fresh produce in each vessel. In addition to the health benefits of raw juices, any product that would be a stellar edition on Goop is worth trying in my book.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah juices helps us to feel healthy if we take them on daily basis. I love to take sweet fruits and I make drinks with fruits and some green veggies. You know my dietician suggested me to have a big glass of drink with a tablet of Green supplements daily, and she said that I can lose 4-5 kg of weight only in a month. Is it true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work!
    original source

    ReplyDelete