Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful

When I grocery shop I try to be organized. I attempt to plan ahead and make lists. But, when I enter the doors of my local grocery store, I become a marketer's dream as catchy advertisements and labels distract my well-organized intentions from reaching their final destination. Hence, I rarely come home with all of the items I meant to buy and a few newbies have appeared in my shopping cart. That is how I ended up discovering a new peanut butter brand: Peanut Butter & Co.

Based out of New York City, Peanut Butter & Co. has a slew of different peanut butter flavor from which to choose, all made without soy! Yipee! Less than ten total, natural ingredients compose the nut butter, one of which is an emulsifier that is derived from sunflowers. The particular flavor I picked up is a combination of white chocolate and peanut butter. Sounds interesting and decadent, right? Let's see how +Peanut Butter & Co.  White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter performed in the Sans Soy test.



Product: Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful

Quality: My first impression is how smooth is the peanut butter. The consistency resembles common peanut butter brands like Jif and Skippy. Nevertheless, the spread is thicker than the latter peanut butters, and would require some light elbow grease and attention to spread evenly on a piece of bread such as white Wonder slices.

Taste: A strong peanut butter taste with a decadent underlying flavor from the white chocolate is present. The white chocolate taste is not overpowering, but exerts enough oomph to notify the eater that it is sweet, buttery and means business. I appreciate the fact that it is not too sweet, and would be delicious smeared on a banana or an apple slice.

Price: At six dollars a jar, this is on the pricey side of peanut butters.


Overall grade: B. The peanut butter was very smooth, but it was thick. I liked, but not loved, the white chocolate flavor, however, this is personal preference. I would like to taste other flavors; The Bee's Knees, Mighty Maple and Cinnamon Raisin Swirl look tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment